Surface Preparation Guide for Plascon Dampseal
- On exceptionally porous surfaces, a third coat of Plascon Dampseal may be necessary.
- PLASCON DAMPSEAL may be overcoated with a good quality emulsion or enamel paint. If overcoating with an enamel, first prime with an alkali resistant PLASCON PLASTER PRIMER.
Treat exceptionally damp walls as follows:
- Divide the area into three equal horizontal sections. Apply a first coat (thinned) to the bottom section and allow 24 hours to dry.
- Next treat the middle section and allow 24 hours to dry.
- Finally treat upper section and again allow 24 hours to dry.
- Apply a second coat (unthinned) to the entire area.
NOTE: Coating may be smoothed over with a trowel wetted with MINERAL TURPENTINE to match up to a smooth wall surface.