What questions to ask the Paint Experts to get the best possible advice
Customers are often overwhelmed by the Plascon range and all the information associated with performing the perfect paint application. By considering the following, you will be equipped to ask the Plascon paint experts the right questions to help you with your next paint job.
- Where are you painting, interior or exterior? (This will eliminate products not suited for that area)
- What type of substrate are you painting? (This will eliminate products not suited for that substrate)
- If interior, ask in which room the substrate or item is situated? (This will eliminate products not suited to that environment)
- Which finish would you like? (This will eliminate products that don’t suit your required finish)
These 4 questions should narrow down the choice of Plascon topcoats available to you. By understanding the features and benefits of the remaining products, will also help you make a final choice. However there are a variety of other questions that should be asked too, such as:
- What is the condition of the surface? (This would inform you of Polycell prep products and add-ons to be used)
- Is the surface currently painted? (This would inform you if Plascon primer is needed)
- If it is painted, which paint is currently on the surface? (This would inform you if Plascon Universal Undercoat is needed)
- If it is painted, what is the colour of the surface? (This would inform you if Plascon Universal Undercoat is needed)
- Are there any signs of damp?
We hope that this serves as a guide when asking Plascon paint experts for the best advice possible! Ready to get started?